Tom joins a superstar panel of science communicators to talk about the good, the bad and the ugly of social media as an academic.
– HEPP PI, Dr. Emilia Palonen (@epalonen), university researcher in political science, a regular commentator in the media as well as a science communicator on Twitter.
– Dr. Tuomas Aivelo (@aivelo), researcher at the University of Helsinki, an ecologist and evolutionary biologist. He is active in science communicator on Twitter, he blogs, and has been the coauthor for several biology textbooks for upper secondary schools.
– Aleksandra Dobrego (@a_dobrego), a PhD candidate at the University of Helsinki and participant in a project called The Science Basement, which aims at encouraging young researchers to communicate their research to the public. They have a podcast and organise events.
– Alina Scott (@alinaiscott) is a Ph.D. Candidate at the University of Texas at Austin. She is currently the host of the History Department’s 15 Minute History Podcast and is an active science communicator on Twitter and TikTok.
– Moderator: Zea Szebeni, HEPP affiliated PhD candidate.