The first of several livestreams happening every Friday at 4pm (GMT +1) discussing the topics of the Tom Rocks Maths Appeal GCSE Maths series. The topic this week is Percentages, Decimals and Fractions – full list of questions discussed (with timestamps) below.
All questions discussed in the video (with timestamps).
- How do you convert a recurring decimal into a fraction? 1:40
- What happens when you increase a number by 10% forever? 6:55
- How does exponential growth/decay work? 12:50
- Gameshow: Which is larger? 21:28
- What is your favourite fraction? 33:27
- What is your favourite proof? 37:07
- What was the Reynolds number for your PhD experiments? 48:45
- How do you prove the formula for the sum of consecutive integers? 49:38
Watch the lesson on Percentages, Decimals and Fractions here.
Bobby and Susan from Maths Appeal answer viewer’s questions here.
[…] Tom does a livestream here. […]
[…] Watch Tom’s livestream here. […]