Watch me being tattooed with the Platonic Solids (at 10x speed) from the point of view of the tattoo artist. With mathematically-inspired music from University of Oxford Mathematician David Acheson.
The Platonic Solids are seen by many as some of the most beautiful 3D shapes that exist due to their regularity and almost perfect symmetry. The faces of each shape are the same regular polygon, with the same number of faces joining at each corner.
- Tetrahedron – 4 sides, each an equilateral triangle
- Hexahedron (Cube) – 6 sides, each a square
- Octahedron – 8 sides, each an equilateral triangle
- Dodecahedron – 12 sides, each a regular pentagon
- Icosahedron – 20 sides, each an equilateral triangle